Jacqui Ford Law Presents
Tell The Winning Story
3 Day Drill Down on the Fundamentals of Powerful Storytelling to Command the Courtroom Stage and Motivate your Jurors to Take Action
Exclusive for 20 Trial Lawyers only!
3 Day Intensive:
October 17-19, 2019
Join Communications Specialist and Jury Trial Consultant Jesse Wilson, Criminal Defense Lawyer Jacqui Ford and Jeff Chapdelaine on this 3 day journey that will powerfully jump start your ability to tell the right story as well as motivate, move, and inspire your jurors to take action in your client’s favor.
Join Jesse Wilson, Jacqui Ford, and Jeff Chapdelaine for an exclusive 3 day workshop intensive, which will focus on the main elements of delivering a masterful Opening statement and Closing Argument while implementing breakthrough communication skills through the tools and techniques of the theater. You will learn from the best.
Jesse Wilson is a communications specialist and jury trial consultant who impacts audiences with his high energy delivery and practical content inspired from his work in the theater.
Jacqui Ford is an award-winning trial lawyer who has dedicated her practice to defending the criminally accused and advocating for the injured.
Jeff Chapdelaine is an attorney, forensic social worker, and psychodrama therapist who consults nationally on trial strategy, jury selection and trauma informed client focused case preparation.
October 17-19, 2019
Lyric Theatre of Oklahoma
1727 NW 16th Street
Oklahoma City, OK 73106
- Early Bird Special: $1,250 (register by September 25th)
- Regular Rate: $1,500
How To Enroll?
— Timothy Garvey, Trial Lawyer, McDermott Law
Should You Attend This Workshop?
- Win More Cases. From Opening to Closing, this 3 Day Intensive will transform your ability as a trial lawyer to powerfully communicate in virtually every area of your practice. Join a group of like-minded litigators who will challenge and inspire each other to reach new levels of connection and communication breakthroughs.
- Command The Courtroom Stage. Tell The Winning Story is not a typical book, workshop, or boot camp teaching formulas, templates, or “cookie cutter approaches” since none of these reach the heart of the problem: unlocking your ability to deliver a powerful performance and awaken your hidden power to connect to jurors, evoke potent emotion, persuade and win.
- Motivate and Move Your Jury to Take Action. Taken directly from the stage, the 8 Fundamentals of Breakthrough Communication are the timeless tools that A list actors, Academy Award Winning film directors and screenwriters have used for centuries—tools that don’t just get audiences to listen… but care deeply. They are also tools that you can apply directly and immediately into your winning argument and winning story in trial.
Everything you learn in Tell The Winning Story will leverage a powerful and revolutionary communication approach that includes the ABC’s of emotional connection, supported by the 8 Fundamentals. The program applies these concepts directly to the law, and shows how they have helped win massive multi-million dollar jury awards.
— Eric Penn, Trial Lawyer, The Penn Law Firm
MASTER CRITICAL TRIAL & STORY SKILLS
Get Beneath the Surface
Basic workshops cover the mechanics of trial preparation. However, it is the underlying emotion that adds the heat that can then be channeled and strategically released. A winning story uses narrative hooks, tension, conflict, and resolution. You’ll learn how to effectively organize and implement dramatic story mechanics to drive the plot forward and keep your audience engaged and wanting more.
Why does the best story win?
Stories are the ultimate tools of persuasion – they are the emotional glue that connects you to your audience. Regardless of whether the facts are on your side, they are never enough. To make an impact, you need to frame the facts in a compelling narrative, so that your audience doesn’t just listen…they actually care.
— Daniel Rodriguez, Trial Lawyer, Rodriguez & Associates
Through the 8 fundamentals of breakthrough communication and the timeless tools of the theater, Tell The Winning Story will help you discover your client’s story faster and more effectively, connect that story to the heart of your jury… and win.
Connect to Your Client's Story
Connect to Your Audience
Connect to Your Greater Story
Win More Cases
This Workshop is Perfect For…
- Trial lawyers who want to take their courtroom communication skills to the next level.
- Seasoned trial lawyers who are jaded with worn-out “cookie cutter” approaches to storytelling and communication
- Beginning trial lawyers looking to step into their true potential and avoid fatally “bad communication” habits in the courtroom
You will be able to deliver your greatest Opening Statement and Closing Argument while learning (some lawyers describe the experience as unlearning) advanced and time-tested methods for your communications breakthrough, as well as building lifelong trial skills with a group of like-minded peers.
About your Instructors
- Attendees: Your group will include 25 attorneys and litigators from national firms
- Presentations of Opening Statements and Closing Arguments will be videotaped by the Tell The Winning Story film team so you can track and measure your progress
- Meeting Times: 9 AM – 5 PM (12:30 PM on last day)
*Breaks and Lunch times are scheduled
Lunch will be provided each day of the workshop
Please bring loose, comfortable clothing you can get up and move in– any “suits” will be publicly flogged on stage. We will be filming, so please no tight stripes (causes havoc on video), “Austin Power’s,” 60’s shirts—conservative but casual.
3 Day Intensive Agenda
The workshop is broken into
3 main sections or “Acts”
Act I: Lawyer Connection: Unleashing your Power as a Great Communicator
Act II: Client Connection: Transforming Your Client from Victim To Victor
Act III: Jury Connection: Arming Them For Justice
ACT I - LAWYER CONNECTION: UNLEASHING YOUR POWER AS A GREAT COMMUNICATOR
- Apply the Power of the Personal Connection and Psychodrama to increase your Presence on your feet
- Application of Narrative Therapy Techniques harmonizing thought/emotion/body connection
- Introduction to the 4 Steps of The Monologue and the importance of Emotional Connection to making an impact in the courtroom
- Introduction of the Emotional Connection Road Map attendees will follow from the beginning to the end of the workshop: Self, Client, Jury
- Interactive: Verbal and Non-Verbal Connection, with Character and Neutral Masks
- 5 Fundamental Human Emotions Deep Dive and how they transform the emotional state of judge and jury
- Interactive: Conflict/Struggle/Resolution
- Increase the Power of Presence with “high performance communication and presentation skills” involving breath, body movement (spatial awareness), trusting silence, and voice and speech to help judge and jury recognize, understand simply, and recall key points in the case narrative.
- Interactive: “Embodying the crossroad”— powerful nonverbal communication exercises
- Attendees learn new skills to help develop language, themes, “power anchors” and strategy in the winning story.
- Interactive: Defining “the stretch…” in a memorable character, your client, and you.
ACT II - CLIENT CONNECTION: TRANSFORMING YOUR CLIENT FROM VICTIM TO VICTOR
With Jesse Wilson
- Attorneys present the “first round” of their Client Monologues in front of the group, applying the “conflict/struggle/resolution” into the case narrative. Each attorney provides critique and feedback, applying the communication breakthrough concepts learned in Act I.
- Continue Client Monologues and critiques.
Discussion and Interactive: How to outline/storyboard the strongest and most critical case narrative elements for maximum courtroom impact.
- Attorneys make “the personal connection” and apply the 4 Steps of the Monologue, The Crossroad, and The Stretch (The Greater Story), towards the continued development of the original monologue in the voice and perspective of their client.
- Discussion and reflection: The value of the “Winning Story vs The Whining Story,” how to craft a case narrative with the right balance and its specific effects in the courtroom on judge, jury and on the attorney’s case presentation.
ACT III - JURY CONNECTION: ARMING THEM FOR JUSTICE
With Jacqui Ford
- Revision and new application from the Monologue integrated into the Opening Statement and/or Closing Argument.
- Group feedback, applying concepts learned in Act I and Act II.
- Living the Greater Story. Discussion and Interactive: Sustaining authentic emotional placement and strengthening impact in a case argument and case narrative “come Monday… and beyond.”
— Kenneth E. Barker, Barker Wilson Law Firm, LLP